Welcome to Orange County, California!
Whether you are studying, doing research or working here, there should always be spare time to relax, re-energize and have some fun! Entertainment and taking a break are key ingredients for successful results at work or school. This area has a lot to offer, from beautiful beaches, amazing food and shopping, to nearby world famous destinations.
Next to the ocean:
Don’t let the season fool you! You can enjoy a nice day at the beach year round here, just bring a light jacket. There are so many beaches to visit around the area, these are some of our favorites:
- Huntington Beach – This is a famous surf city. This beach has one of the nicest piers in Orange County (there is a huge Ruby’s Diner on the pier and we give their burgers a thumbs up). For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2At1Kw1
- Corona del Mar Beach – During the day, this beach is perfect for splashing in the ocean and taking scenic pictures. During the night, this beach is perfect for bonfires with your friends. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2ALtWuH
- Victoria Beach – This is a hidden jewel in Laguna Beach. It’s small and calm, but really fun at the same time. The best part is, there is a castle tower! We don’t know how it got there, but it’s beautiful. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2j5e0ZO
Take your inner-child for some fun at any of these entertainment parks. We promise that you won’t regret it!
- Disneyland – Visit the happiest place on earth with your friends you’ve met through Kapi. Who doesn’t love Disney?For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AqzuYr
- Knott’s Berry Farm – No berries here, only amazing and thrilling rides. This amusement park is great for every age and it’s only minutes away! Their seasonal themes “Scary Farm” and “Merry Farm” as well as their water park, make it fun year round. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BrSqW8
- Balboa Fun Zone – Fun on an island? Yes, please! You can also enjoy a beautiful sunset after your hours of fun. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2jDxDHN
Exploring the city:
If you enjoy walking, sightseeing and taking amazing pictures, you better visit these locations. It will feel like one day vacation, and it only takes minutes to get there!
- Mission San Juan Capistrano – This Spanish Mission has the oldest building in California! Also great for sightseeing and taking food pictures, worth the visit! For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2kfB2QZ
- Crystal Cove State Park – This historic state park has picture-perfect rustic cottages next to the ocean. This beautiful shore line has lots to explore, with great restaurants and hiking not far away. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2zFHZ0J
- Fullerton Arboretum – Acres of botanic gardens with a hugely diverse plant selection. Get your zen while exploring the green areas and connecting with the environment. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AO7fGg
These shopping malls have it all! Affordable, high-end, food, and fun. You will find anything you need here while enjoying a nice walk.
- Irvine Spectrum Center – This open shopping mall is Irvine residents’ favorite. The ferris wheel looks beautiful day and night, we recommend taking a shopping break to enjoy the break. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AxI0Y9
- Fashion Island at Newport – Shop like the Newport locals! You will find your favorite stores at Fashion Island, and some new fun ones you’ve never heard of. After a busy shopping spree, you can relax at the movies. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BErinI
- Outlets at Orange – Did someone say Outlet? Yes!! Get the best prices at the huge Outlets at Orange mall. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2zJ7uhm
For those weekends when you feel like going away, you don’t have to go that far! Orange County is located centrally and close to these amazing destinations. Just pack a small bag, get your friends, and let the fun begin!
- San Diego – It’s so close to Orange County, yet so amazing, so it deserves a whole weekend. Visit California’s birthplace at Old Town or the famous beaches near La Jolla. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2Br4qXY
- Santa Barbara – A Spanish style city in California. This gorgeous city has beautiful buildings, beaches, pier, palm trees and great wineries not far away. Take a weekend off for relaxation at this ideal location. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AAtRJC
- Big Bear Lake – This mountain area is beautiful all year round, especially during the winter after it snows. Rent a cottage with your roommates and enjoy a snowboarding or tubing adventure in California. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2Brhk87